How to clean your gas range and keep it looking new
If you want your gas range to look like new over the years, you must clean it thoroughly on a regular basis. Here are some tips to achieve the best cleaning for your range and keep it spotless for a longer time.
- Remove the grates and place them in the sink filled with hot water and dish soap.
- Remove all the loose crumbs with a dry cloth or a paper towel.
- Combine half water, half vinegar in a handheld spray. Spray all over the range top and leave it there for 1-2 minutes. Then wipe with a dry cloth or paper towel. Don’t forget to clean the knobs and the back panel.
- For older grease buildup you will have to use dish soap applied on a toothbrush and rub thoroughly the affected portions. Wipe with a damp cloth.
- Remove the burner caps and set them in a hot water and dish soap mixture. After they soak, use the toothbrush to clean them. Do the same with the grates.
- Use a needle to take out any debris from the burner caps.
- Lift the range and vacuum all the crumbs up. Clean the buildup grease from underneath and the edges.
After following these steps, put the grates and knobs back on and enjoy your immaculate gas range.