Christmas cocktails and other drink recipes to get in the holiday spirit
There are lots of special drinks for Christmas and they are becoming increasingly creative. Here are 5 Christmas cocktails and other drink recipes to get your guests in the holiday spirit.
1. Hot Toddy
- 1/3 part Jim Beam Honey
- 1/4 part lemon juice
- 1/4 part honey
- 1/4 part orange juice
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 orange peel
Combine the first four ingredients in a mug. Boil water. Pour the water in the mug and stir. Garnish with the cinnamon stick, cloves and the orange peel.
2. Christmas cocktails and other drink recipes. Winter Sangria
- One bottle sweet red wine
- One bottle apple cider
- 2 clementines, sliced, peel on
- 2 apples cored and diced
- 1/2 cup pomegranate arils
- 1 cup cranberries sliced in half
Mix wine, cider and fruits in a large pitcher. Serve over ice and garnish with rosemary.
3. Christmas cocktails and other drink recipes. Peppermint chocolate martini
This very easy-to-make cocktail is absolutely delicious.
- One cup chocolate milk
- 1 shot chocolate liqueur
- 1/2 shot peppermint liqueur
- Crushed peppermint candy (optional)
Pour the chocolate milk into a shaker. Add the liqueurs and shake to combine. Your martini is ready to serve!
4. Christmas cocktails and other drink recipes. Santa Shot
This shot is great for parties, especially as a starter.
- 1 part grenadine syrup
- 1 part crème de menthe
- 1 part peppermint schnapps
Pour grenadine to about 1/3 of your shot glass and the crème de menthe and the schnapps in equal parts. You can garnish it with crushed candy if you want.
5. Christmas cocktails and other drink recipes. Angel’s delight
- 3/4 ounce gin
- 3/4 ounce triple sec
- 1 1/2 ounce cream
- 2 – 3 dashes grenadine
Shake well all the ingredients in a shaker with ice cubes. Serve in a chilled cocktail glass.
Sources: marieclaire.com, bakeaholicmama.com, growingupgabel.com, mixthatdrink.com