10 reclaimed wood furniture ideas
Wood is undoubtedly the most commonly used material in the do-it -yourself projects, in abundance and easy to handle and work with. Be it wood from an old furniture, whether we consider pallets or wood in its natural state, it can give birth, with little effort and imagination, to items that we do need in our home. Below we are presenting 10 10 reclaimed wood furniture ideas, as seen on Apartmentherapy.com, Houzz.com and Homedit.com:
1. A coffee table – everyone needs it in house and an easy and economical way is processing an old wooden pallet, either in its original rough state or with a layer of lacquer applied. Place over a stretch of glass to give it a touch of elegance, then apply four sets of wheels for better maneuverability and the finished product so useful in a house is ready.
2. A bed for kids – it looks cool and the child will certainly be delighted. Moreover, such an idea can help him or her since early childhood how important recycling and sustainability is in a world with increasingly reduced resources.
3. A study desk- using to a large extent the same recipe as in manufacturing the coffee table, a desk made from wood pallets gives the room where you work an authentic look. Moreover, the work environment can thus become more creative and inspiring.
4. A bed or a couch for adults – those who grew up in the country remember the wooden bed in the parents or grandparents’ courtyard used over summer days and nights. Well, such a bed is one of the 10 ideas reused wood furniture.
5. A stool – an indispensable piece of furniture in any home that can be also made from a pallet in the rough form or painted for a stronger visual effect.
6. A special wine rack – with four pieces of planks fixed together with two other pieces of wood that serve as lateral support you can arouse the envy of any friend who will step into the house. The idea is even more interesting since the vintage looking rack goes hand in hand with old wines.
7. A bedside table – another project of the 10 reclaimed wood furniture ideas can be easily achieved with old pieces of a fence, pallet or an old furniture. You can combine the old with some newer pieces for an interesting visual effect.
8. A flower pot – it can be made from four pieces of wood or something more appealing, as the model in the image, made of slats bound together. Each side painted in a different color gets you a decorative element for your garden.
9. Counters for the dining table – in this picture, the wood used is from old solid wood kitchen tables. The counter is finally varnished for a more pleasant look.
10. A children’s room closet – as in other cases, the last of the 10 reclaimed wood furniture ideas rely on pallets as well, each slat serving as a drawer.