How to sell a house quicker – five tricks that help
Real estate is an area of activity where every step should be carefully weighed. If you hope that, by adding a pool or a sauna room, you will raise the price of the house to sell, you can actually realize the local real estate market cannot support the requested price, not to mention any hope for a profit. On the other hand, not making any sort of investments in the house, especially as concerns basic repair works, can seriously impact on the value.
There are five ways that, if carried out, can help someone strike a balance between doing too much and too little for the house one wants to sell, according to Consumer Reports.
1. As a rule, any customer wants to buy a clean and maintained house and the guiding point in the assessment mission is the bathroom. Installing new sanitary objects or, by the case, changing the fixtures will look the bathroom look fresh. If the mirror and the lightning are new as well, this will make the potential buyers’ experience even more pleasant. Any other improvement, such as new floor and vanity countertops, can definitely tip the balance.
Easy steps about how to sell a house quicker
2. Another means of raising the interest of a potential buyer is a fresh layer of paint, especially in those rooms which attract most of the looks. Bathrooms and kitchens are a must see of any interested buyer and they should be the first to be freshened up. Home designers recommend owners to use whites and off-whites which allow visitors to focus on a home’s qualities.
3. The third trick about how to sell a house quicker is cleaning and removing all those objects that make a home look cluttered. There is nothing that drives away a potential customer that heavy smells. Just as important is depersonalizing the rooms and removing those objects that may seem intrusive to others. Last, but not least, pulls the curtains because natural light leaves the impressions of a larger space. Vacuuming and dusting are a must in all this cleaning process.
How to send a house quicker depends only on you
4. Another step is catering to the exterior before any attempt to sell a house. Mowing the lawn and trimming the vegetation around the house can catch the eye of the visitor, especially since this is the first visual impact. Just as interiors, any other repair works on the outside, such as covering cracks in the wall, enhance the chances of a profitable transaction for the seller.
5. The last trick concerning how to sell a house quicker concerns the kitchen. Real estate agents have a saying in the own circles: kitchen sells the home. This is why they advise client to make minor repairs, such as leaky sinks and pipes, burn marks on the counter or tables and poor lightning. A fresh layer of paint, fixing cabinet hardware and new curtains at the windows can create a clean and fresh image for the visitor.