How to find a cheap flight. Tips and tricks from travel bloggers
Dreaming about a holiday? We can relate! Some people even joke around and say that they only want two holidays a year, 6 months each. Although choosing a holiday destination is not difficult because we usually know what we want to visit and where we want to go, we might have some difficulties finding a great deal when it comes to plane tickets. Of course we can always turn to some travel agents and thus get rid of this headache because they will deal with all the details in terms of transport and accommodation. Today, however, we will not talk about holidays purchased through an agency. Instead, we will give you some tips and tricks on how find a cheap flight – so cheap you will not believe it is true.
How to find a cheap flight. Best time to book a flight
Although it may sound strange, there seems to be an algorithm that travel bloggers have discovered and there is no doubt that they are the poeple we should trust the most when it comes to traveling. Ready? Take notes!
- The 60-day rule – apparently, the best prices are about one and a half – 2 months before the trip (no sooner or later);
- If you want to find a cheap ticket, you should book your flight from January to March;
- Also, you will find the cheapest tickets on Tuesdays between 2 and 4 pm (we know, it sounds weird, but we tested this theory and we can vouch for it);
- If you plan to go on a city break, try to opt for a flight on Friday or Saturday evening, not Friday or Saturday morning, because those tickets are the most expensive ones;
- After booking your flight (but not buying the ticket), check the price again, the next morning and if it is cheaper (there are high chances that the price will drop), cancel the reservation and buy it at the new price
How to find a cheap flight. Tips and tricks
Opt for stop flights. Often a direct flight is more expensive than one that has a stop. So, for example, if you want to go to Barcelona, look for more options and see which one is more affordable. You can fly to another city and then take another flight to Barcelona. This option is useful when you want to visit more than one city during a holiday.
Last but not least, it is recommended that you compare the prices and search for your flight on more than one website. Thus, besides the official airlines websites, you can consider the following:
What tricks do you know when it comes to buying a cheap plane ticket?