Cloth and Cement Plant Pots. A Fun, Playful Project for Your Home
You can make some really interesting plant pots with a out of concrete and old clothes. The technique is really easy, but it’s also super messy, so dress adequately and cover the working surface with plastic foil. You’ll need different types of containers to shape up your pots and some creativity. As a result, you’ll get a lovely contrast between the bright flowers and the grey, rough texture of cement. Here’s how to make these cloth and cement plant pots.
1. Prepare the cement mix into a shallow container. Add water a little at a time and mix the concrete until it is the consistency of a thick mud.
3. Cut a piece of drop cloth to size the pot you want to create.
4. Dip the cloth in the concrete mix making sure it is completely soaked.
5. Squeeze out the excess cement. You want it thick, but not running off of it.
6. Place it on the plastic covered container. Level it out and fold the corners however you want. At this point, you can cut off the excess fabric with an old pair of scissors.
7. Wait two days until it fully dries. When the entire piece is a light grey colour, you can remove the newly formed pot from the plastic.
8. You can use some twine around it to give it some more stability and flare, but it’s not mandatory.
9. Make drainage holes at the bottom with a drill.
Cloth and cement plant pots. Designs
Here’s how the planters with the flowers look like.